There are tons of reasons to recommit to your fitness, nutrition and weight loss goals. New Year’s resolutions, summer or your birthday are just a few. While many folks choose to go at it alone at the gym or stick to a slow but steady at-home program, there are many reasons why a personal trainer is not only a smart investment, but a critical piece to helping you succeed and ultimately reach your healthy living goals. Here are some of the top reasons clients choose to work with a trainer, regardless of it’s bikini season or not!
1.Reduce the risk of injury – This might be the most important reason to hire a personal trainer. Especially if you are new to exercise or fitness, a personal trainer can ensure that you’re moving safely and effectively. They can also teach you proper technique to help minimize injuries.
2. Individualized programs – A trainer can create a personal fitness plan for you depending on what your goals are. Want to run a 5k? Looking to improve your arms? Working on your core? Tell a personal trainer, and he or she will customize a program specific to you!
3. You’re held accountable for your workouts – It’s easier to say no to the gym when you’re on your own. But when you know that your personal trainer is there waiting for you and that you have scheduled an session, you’re more likely to go. Staying accountable is huge when it comes to reaching your goals, and your trainer is key for that.
4. It’s affordable – One of the biggest misconceptions when it comes to personal training is that it’s extremely expensive. That might have been true years ago, but now, many trainers offer packages or other incentives. You can also look into your own spending habits, so that you can reallocate some of your funds to help cover this new healthy habit. Maybe you can cut that fancy restaurant meal, that bottle of wine or that pack of cigarettes. After all, you’re saving for a healthier future!
5. Professional guidance – They’re professionals for a reason! While all trainers have different credentials, most do know their stuff. If you’re curious, ask them what their workouts are, how they became personal trainers and if they can share their own fitness aspirations. It may tell you what you need to know about their professionalism and the advice they may ultimately give you before you get started.
6.Motivation – Sometimes having your own cheerleader can help you move mountains when it comes to your fitness goals. Not only will your trainer count reps, but he or she will push you to do your best. Internally, you may be more motivated to work out because you’re invested in your trainer on a financial level and you’ve also put aside precious time to be there.
7.Proper form – A personal trainer will demonstrate the correct form and technique for each and every move you go through. What use are arm moves if you’re swinging every time? Personal trainers will also demonstrate the move for you and ensure you’re performing each workout correctly to maximize the burn and avoid injury.
8. Confidence – Along the lines of motivation, a personal trainer can build up your self-esteem. As you progress on your fitness journey and work to hit your goals (weight loss, increased muscle, etc.), he or she will be there to not only push you harder, but tell you how far you’ve come. Some trainers will take pictures of you before you start your program or get you on the scale, so that you accurately see your physical changes over time.
9.You haven’t been seeing the results you want – Have you seen a plateau in your current workouts? Are you bored with your exercise class? Do you need a new challenge? Most importantly, are you no longer seeing the scale move? These are all great reasons to invest in a personal trainer. He or she can work with you to determine your fitness goals and map out a program to get those results!
10. Working around your unique requirements – Whether you tore your ACL as a kid or you now have diabetes, a knowledgeable trainer can design a fitness program that is safe for you and establishes a healthy exercise regime. Make sure to tell your trainer about any medical conditions before you start training so that he or she can build in any modifications or precautions into the workouts.
11.Making it fun – Exercise can be an enjoyable experience and if you have a trainer who becomes a friend it’s infinitely more fun. Going to the gym won’t just be a necessary evil anymore, it can truly be the highlight to your day.
But you won’t know if a personal trainer is right for you until you try!
Visit MFITNESSNOW.COM or call at (626) 376-0296 for personal trainers and nutritional planning to figure out a customized fitness strategy that will work for you.