“What should I be doing when I’m not at the gym or seeing my trainer?
To inspire people in turn sparking a healthy lifestyle.
Owned by Mike Salcido, MFITNESS was born out of pure love of exercise, healthy living and eating. It is much more than just lifting weights, logging an hour at the gym or just simply going on a diet. MFITNESS’ philosophy is about Moving your body, Measuring your limits, and Mastering your abilities. Mike’s passion for fitness inspired him to become a wellness coach and change the lives of many. With over 15 years of personal training in Los Angeles County and Pasadena, Mike uses his vast knowledge and experience to design some of the most creative and effective training sessions.
Weight: Lost 23lbs
Bodyfat: 24% to 7%
Timeframe: 9 months
Weight: Lost 30lbs
Bodyfat: 38% to 25%
Timeframe: 8 months
Weight: Lost 10lbs
Bodyfat: Lost 10%
Timeframe: 3 months
- 30 reviews
- If I could give Mike & the whole MFITNESS program 1,000,000 stars I'd do it in a heartbeat. Mike is the definition of the "Perfect" Personal Trainer.
I am completely new to training and working out. However, I was looking for a change and wanted more self confidence in how my body looked and felt. I found MFITNESS through yelp and saw all the excellent reviews that were given. I called Mike and he setup an appointment to do my fitness assessment. I was pretty nervous and didn't really know what I got myself into since I'm a complete rookie at working out. However, as soon as I did my first session with Mike, I knew instantly I made the right choice in signing with him and my nerves went away.
Mike is encouraging, very friendly, smart and motivating! He plans out your diet and exercises with what YOU want and what YOU need. He also keeps track of your weights, body fat and measurements. Very thrilled I found him.
As far as the workouts go I did the 3 month program. Each month Mike changes up the program to keep things fun yet challenging. He'll talk you through the steps and showcase why each workout is important. I have gained muscle and lost body fat!
I recently signed up for another 3 months and I'm looking forward to what's in store next & how my body will look! All I can say is if you're looking for a program that will work and is rewarding this is it!
- I have been with Mike since June 2017 and I'm so pleased with my progress. I've lost weight, gained muscle and continue to get stronger. I have had trainers before but Mike goes the extra mile to personalize your nutrition plan and workouts based on your goals. He is a professional and is great at what he does! It takes dedication and time but so worth it !! Thank you Mike
- I've worked with several trainers in the past, and I truly feel that Mike is the best at what he does, bar none. My workouts with Mike have helped me build strength, increase my flexibility and stamina, and gain confidence. He has a keen understanding of the human body, and he tailors his workouts for each client to optimize their weight loss. Mike has shown me that I am stronger than I think. During each of our training sessions he challenges me to work through my mental block and push past my comfort zone. I am amazed at how much stronger I am today than I was when I first started working out with him. As a trainer he is patient, encouraging, and a much needed source of positivity. I often leave our sessions feeling like I can conquer the world because I was able to conquer (with his encouragement) a particularly challenging workout. Training with Mike has been the best investment I've made for my health and well-being, and I encourage everyone who's looking for a skilled, respectful, and knowledgeable trainer to set up an initial consultation with Mike. You will not be disappointed.
- All I can say is mike is the best trainer I've ever worked with! As someone who has hopped around from trainer to trainer, I have definitely noticed the biggest change in myself having only been training with mike for 2 months. He is always so motivating and really is dedicated to helping you achieve your fitness goal, whatever it may be. He is extremely knowledgeable in all things fitness, and he has even helped me create a meal plan to keep on track! If you are serious about seeing change not only physically but mentally, Mike is the guy to help you achieve it.
- I worked out with Mike for about five months. He is very helpful trainer and I see the progress by weekly basis.
He will prepare your nutrition plan and make a goal for the weight lifting. Also, he is encouraging and easygoing person and I highly recommend him as your personal trainer.
- I started training with Mike in August 2017. When we met for our first training session, he took my body measurements, went over my goals and gave me tips and advice on nutrition. At the time I was 24% body fat, 5'11'' and 178 pounds. My goal was to gain muscle mass and get down to 10% body fat.
After 11 months of training with Mike, 3-4 times per week, and with strict nutrition, I got down to 7% body fat and increased my muscle mass by over 10 pounds. At age 37, I am in the best shape of my life and owe a big part of it to Mike's training. Being this fit has changed my life.
What makes Mike a great personal trainer is that he makes a genuine effort to make a connection with you, and treats you like a friend as opposed to a client. He is very personable, friendly and has a very positive attitude. These qualities make training with Mike a very positive and enjoyable experience.
I highly recommend Mike as a personal trainer to anyone, no matter what fitness level you are currently at.
- Oh man this review is long overdue!! I found Mike through a Groupon ad (6 training sessions and dietary consultation). So I decided to give him a try. It took a minute to get squeezed in for the first session but once I got in, I was able to schedule follow ups immediately.
Mike's first consultation/ assessment was very impressive and it drew me in right away. He got baseline measurements with a machine using percentages, numbers and statistics. Mike also observed my limitations through different timed work outs. I've had one personal trainer in the past to compare from earlier this year, and this past trainer did go through as much detail, and did not observe my weak muscle groups as much as Mike did. The first "assessment" kicked my ass. I've never been so sore in my life. And I almost fell a few times just walking up curbs!! No joke!!
Mike still owes me a dietary consultation, a final assessment and some homework!! Haha!! All jokes aside, I got such a great deal on Group on that it doesn't matter. And after 6 short sessions, I actually ended up losing 8 lbs! I physically felt stronger. And really gained insight on my physical state. He really helped me jump start a healthier lifestyle.
He is a super down to earth, relatable guy which makes sessions go by faster! And the workouts were always fun and motivating. Even asking me what I ate during the day...keeping me accountable...even asking for pictures lol.
The facility is very clean and there's a lot of equipment/ space.
Super professional, passionate about his work and knowledgeable. He always educated me on what/ and why we were doing certain workouts, graded exercises so I could finish, and even stretched me before/ after if I was sore.
In the end, I didn't end up joining because I felt like he had given me the tools to start working out on my own. And it was also out of my budget. But I know who to come to if I ever need a tune up on my exercise routine! I would highly recommend Mike. 5 stars!! Really thanks Mike for making a difference in Yu health game!!
- I am so lucky to live close to MFitness. I have tried other gyms in my neighborhood, and Mfitness is hands down the best place around to workout with a personal trainer.
The facility is always clean, including the spacious bathrooms, weights are neatly organized, the equipment is plentiful and well maintained, parking is never an issue.
It's also never obnoxiously busy and it's air-conditioned.
Mike is my personal trainer there. A great coach and a great guy. Not only a fitness pro, but a friendly guy attentive, considerate, with the eyes on your fitness goals.
Mike's help extends online. He set-up my account on this awesome website through which we can communicate and both keep track of my exercise progress, food intake, plan my fitness goals, etc. It also includes exercise videos, it's really cool.
At Mfitness, I see people of ages, shapes, sizes and physical conditions. So if you're serious about getting in shape with a personal trainer, you should definitely try this this place.
- I was looking for a trainer who could help my daughter who plays soccer build speed and agility. She worked with him about six sessions and she loved his fast pace and tough workouts. She was definitely challenged "to step it up ". Ultimately, her club soccer team incorporated workouts for soccer players with a trainer,so we did not continue with Mike. If that wasn't the case we would have continued. He is passionate about fitness and incorporates nutrition along with tough workouts.
- Heyyyy! Would like to start off by saying that Mike is 120% dedicated to his profession and clients so please be ready to experience a life changing transformation that you will not regret.
I've been training at MFitness since mid October 2017 to present... I absolutely love my results (down 30 lbs & 15 inches).
At MFitness you are guaranteed that your trainer is educated, knowledgeable, committed and determined to give you exceptional training and results.
With that said Mike will give his all in coaching you to achieve realistic goals but ultimately you have to be dedicated, motivated and committed to put in the hard work.
This is not your average or basic trainer let alone gym. If you are like me and hate working out at an LA Fitness or 24hr Fitness because it can be so uncomfortable with the crazy amount of "insta models" that are all into taking selfies and hogging up the equipment instead of working out then you will absolutely love and enjoy your training at MFitness.
Good luck and I hope to see you at MFitness!
- See More